• twitter
  • rss
Sunday, 11 March 2012



Britain's Sunday Times reported that ICC is investigating claims that Indian bookmakers are fixing the results of England county games international fixture.


The newspaper said it had uncovered evidence that tens of thousands of pounds were offer to players to throw a part of match or all the matches including last year's World Cup Semi-Final b/w Pakistan and India. 


According to the report,a batsmen can earn upto $69,000 for slow scoring and bowler can earn $78,000  for conceding runs and $1.2 million given on the table for those who guarantee the match outcome


ICC spokeman said it would investigate the new allegations
"We are grateful for the information you have provided and we will launch an inquiry to see these allegations."

Wednesday, 7 March 2012


On Wednesday 7th March 2012,Cheif selector for Bangladesh Cricket team Muhammad Akram resigns over the selection matter of Star Bangladesh batsman Tamim Iqbal for the upcoming Asia cup . 

   Tamim Iqbal is a nephew of former cheif selector Akram Khan.Tamim has been removed from the              vice-captaincy due to some arguments with the team management .Akram khan has been selector for Bangladesh cricket tem for almost eight months.

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Dav Whatmore is officially announced as a Coach of Pakistan Cricket team.
Dav Whatmore arrived at lahore to sign the contract with Pakistan Cricket Board.

Dav Whatmore is going to be fourth Pakistan's foregin coach after Pybus,Bob Woolmer and GeoffLawson.

According to the source,PCB is also looking for the fielding coach and for that PCB is also looking to have a contract with Julian Fountain who  also arrived at Lahore last evening.

Tuesday, 9 August 2011



Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal do not figure in the latest list of PCB central contracts. Younis Khan, who was banned for disciplinary reasons following a winless tour of Australia in 2009-10 and was out of last year's list, has been awarded a Category A contract this time along with current captain Misbah-ul-Haq, allrounder Mohammad Hafeez, spinners Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rehman, and fast bowler Umar Gul - the only player retained in the top category from last year's list.


Afridi had retired "conditionally" from international cricket following his removal as captain after the tour of West Indies, while Kamran, who also was in Category A last year, has been ignored since the World Cup. Afridi was involved in a legal battle with the Pakistan board after he hinted at differences between him and coach Waqar Younis during the West Indies tour; these were confirmed by Waqar and team manager Intikhab Alam in their tour report. Afridi has said he will not go back on his decision as long as the present PCB regime remains in power.
Middle-order batsman Umar Akmal and opener Imran Farhat were retained in Category B. Also included in that grade werere Abdul Razzaq, demoted from grade A last year, middle-order batsmen Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali, who have been impressive finds for Pakistan in the last couple of years. Left-arm seamer Wahab Riaz, who took a five-for against India in the World Cup semi-final, also featured in grade B.
As expected, there was no place for Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir and Salman Butt , the three cricketers banned for their involvement in the spot-fixing controversy, while Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf and Danish Kaneria, who were not picked for the World Cup, have been ignored. Malik and Kaneria are yet to be cleared by the PCB's integrity committee. Kaneria has not played for the national team since August 2010, after the PCB tightened its anti-corruption programme following the spot-fixing controversy and Kaneria's own entanglement in a corruption case in Essex. Kaneria was cleared by a police enquiry in Essex, but is yet to be cleared by the PCB; he has petitioned against his continued non-clearance.
"As long as Malik and Kaneria are not cleared by the PCB integrity committee, a meeting of which is scheduled for August 15, they will not be considered for the contracts," Intikhab, also the PCB's director, said at a press conference in Lahore.
In Category C were seamer Tanvir Ahmed, who picked up six wickets on Test debut against South Africa, wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal, and the trio who have been picked in the squad for the tour of Zimbabwe - Yasir Shah, Sohail Khan and Rameez Raja. Aizaz Cheema, who has also been picked, was placed in the stipend category.
The contracts are for a duration of six months - July 1 to December 31 this year.

Sunday, 7 August 2011




Former captain Shoaib Malik is all set to make a comeback into the national team for the upcoming Zimbabwe tour once he is cleared by the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) integrity committee on August 15.
According to sources, PCB’s integrity committee is satisfied with Malik’s reply on the 90,000 pounds lying in one of his bank accounts.
“Things are finally looking up for him (Malik). There are indications that the board is satisfied with the reply he has sent to them regarding the mystery surrounding the amount in one of his bank accounts,” a close aide said.
“The indications are that the integrity committee of the board, that has called him on August 15 for a hearing, will clear him and he will be available for the Zimbabwe tour,” the aide added.
Anticipating that the former captain would be cleared by the integrity committee, the national selectors have already named Malik among the reserves for the Zimbabwe tour, which begins in last week of this month.
Malik, who has not played international cricket since last August, will play for PIA in the Moin Khan Ramazan night tournament that begins on Saturday in Karachi but will join the star-studded National Bank side after the event.
Iqbal Qasim, who heads the NBP sports division, confirmed that Malik had joined the bank in a senior position.
Insiders also say that Malik stands a very strong chance of regaining the national team captaincy by next year as PCB chairman Ijaz Butt and national selectors believe he is an automatic choice forODI and T20 cricket.
“He has been out of the team only because of the issue with the integrity committee, not because of any cricketing reasons,” one source said.
“He appears to be a good choice to replace Misbah-ul-Haq when the right time comes,” the source added.

Friday, 5 August 2011




LAHORE -  Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar will be seen in action during an invitational T20 event in Singapore. Pakistan opener Imran Farhat and some other Pakistani players left Wednesday night to take part in the event that will also feature leading players from other countries.
"I don't know much of the details but yes Shoaib Akhtar is playing as is Shane Warne," Farhat reported to have said. Farhat said that having been out of touch with the game for a while, he looks to event as warm up for the domestic season. Shoaib, who announced his retirement during the World Cup after a reported tiff with the team management over disciplinary issues, had pulled out of the Sri Lankan Premier League before it was watered down.
The fast bowler had said in June that he wanted to focus more on his business and less on cricket that is why he had pulled out of the Sri Lankan Premier League. The enigmatic player has always remained a big draw despite the controversies that have surrounded his career. The invitational event is being organized at the Singapore cricket club.

Friday, 5 August 2011



Worcestershire climbed off the bottom of the Clydesdale Bank 40 Group A as Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal bowled them to a 23-run victory over Derbyshire under the County Ground floodlights.

Ajmal took 4-24 in seven overs as Derbyshire lost their last five wickets in 19 balls chasing the Royals' 197-8 in a game reduced to 36 overs a side by rain.

Vikram Solanki made 84 from 77 balls - his best one-day score of the season - but Wes Durston pegged Worcestershire back with 3-7 in two overs.

The Royals lost five wickets in 23 balls and the Falcons were well placed with Martin Guptill scoring 64 from 72 balls but, despite a run-a-ball 45 from Wayne Madsen, they had no answer to Ajmal and were bowled out for 174.

Worcestershire had also started well, with Solanki and skipper Daryl Mitchell (41) adding 78 in 11 overs, but they were unable to build on that platform and lost wickets trying to clear the ropes.

The Royals should easily have passed 200 but good catching in the deep allowed Durston to prey on over-ambition in the closing overs.
Imperious drives

Derbyshire lost Chesney Hughes to a well-judged catch by a back-pedalling Ajmal in the third over but Guptill unleashed some imperious drives to put the Falcons on course.

The New Zealander drove Jack Shantry over long-on for six and with Durston easing the ball around, Derbyshire reached the halfway point needing 106 with nine wickets in hand.

But Durston drove Moeen Ali to deep mid-wicket and Guptill made his first and last mistake when he chipped the all-rounder into the hands of long-on.

The asking rate was starting to climb and although Madsen drove Solanki over long-on for six in an over which cost 13, the pressure was starting to tell on the Falcons.

Smith was bowled trying to run Mitchell to third man and Ross Whiteley edged a slash at Ajmal, who then had Clare caught at deep mid-wicket for a duck.

Derbyshire's fading hopes were snuffed out when they lost three wickets in the 34th over including Madsen, who was run out trying to steal a single to short third man.

Ajmal then yorked Tony Palladino to claim his fourth wicket and the game ended when Mark Turner was run out by a direct hit to give the Royals only their second victory in the competition with nine balls to spare.

Source:skysports

Cricket Addiction. Powered by Blogger.